This Committee acts on work of the Radiocommunication Advisory Group (RAG) and the Study Groups (SGs) of the ITU Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R).
The CBC2 also deals with radiocommunication issues in the Permanent Consultative Committees of the Inter-American Telecommunication Commission (CITEL), and the Working Subgroup 1 - Communications (SGT-1), Mercosur.
Some CBC2 themes:
- Principles and spectrum management techniques, general principles of sharing, radiomonitoring of the spectrum, long-term strategies for spectrum use, automated techniques and assistance to developing countries in cooperation with the Telecommunication Development Sector (ITU-D) ;
- Radio wave propagation in ionized and non-ionized media and the noise characteristics, in order to improve radio systems;
- Systems and networks of fixed satellite services, mobile satellite, satellite radio and satellite radio-determination;
- Systems and networks of services: fixed, mobile, radiodetermination, amateur and amateur-satellite;
- Broadcasting, including vision, sound, multimedia and data services used primarily for distribution of information to the general public;
- Systems for space operation and research, earth exploration and meteorology, including the corresponding use of links between satellites;
- Systems for remote sensing, including passive and active systems operating on land-based platforms or space;
- Radio astronomy; and
- Dissemination, reception and coordination of standard frequency and time signal services, including implementation through the use of satellites in global bases.
The CBC2 consists of the following Rapporteurs Groups (GRRs):
- GRR 1: Preparation group for WRC / CPM / RAG / RRB / SC ITU-R; CCP.II of Citel; SGT.1 Mercosur; Monitoring of other regional blocks (ATU / ASMG / APT / CEPT / RCC)
- GRR 2: Terrestrial Services
- GRR 3: Satellite Services
- GRR 4: Scientific Services
- GRR 5: Spectrum Management and Propagation
GRR 6: Broadcasting