This Committee coordinates the Brazilian participation at the ITU Telecommunication Development Sector Advisory Group (TDAG), the Study Groups (SGs) and its Questions, especially in aspects related to the implementation of the Action Plans adopted during the World Telecommunication Development Conferences (WTDC).
The CBC4 has also the mandate to act in matters related to the development of telecommunications in the Inter-American Telecommunication Commission (CITEL), Mercosur - through its Working Subgroup 1 - Communications (SGT-1) – and other regional/international organizations.
CBC4 related issues:
- to coordinate the Brazilian participation at the Development Bureau of the ITU (ITU-D)
- to increase the interest of the Brazilian decision-making levels, both public and private, of the importance of telecommunication as a key infrastructure to the economic and social development of the country;
- to help the development of the national telecommunication industry through activities carried out at the ITU-D level, with special attention to indicators and statistics and capacity building;
- to foster the exchange of information within regional and international fora, aiming at contributing to the telecommunication development in the developing countries.
The CBC4 consists of the following Rapporteurs Groups (GRDs):
- GRD 1: ITU-D Telecommunication Development Advisory Group (TDAG)
- GRD 2: Study Group 1 - Enabling Environment for the Development of Telecommunications/ICTs
- GRD 3: Study Group 2 - ICT Applications, Cyber Security, Emergency Telecommunications and Adaptation to Climate Change
- GRD 4: Indicators and statistics in telecommunications
- GRD 5: World Telecommunication Development Conferences (CMDT)
The attributions of each Rapporteur Group and the main themes and issues under consideration, relevant issues under discussion and schedule of meetings for the current year are described in the 2015 Work Plan – CBC 4.
In 2014 Activity Report – CBC4, are published the results of the previous year. There is information about the meetings held by the rapporteur groups and summary of the work performed, reports of participation in international forums, the decisions taken at these meetings and the impacts for the Brazilian government.